Browserstack, a cloud web and mobile testing platform, helps test websites and mobile applications across on-demand browsers, real mobile devices and operating systems. There are four primary products in BrowserStack automation– Live, App Live, Automate and App Automate.
One can’t expect humans to do the same work and the exact steps repeatedly with the same energy, speed and accuracy. But for the same work machine can be trusted completely.
WHAT CAN BE AUTOMATED THROUGH STUNNING BROWSERSTACK AUTOMATION
Browserstack automation or automation through and other testing platform are required for a frequent release cycle. This may include a regression test, smoke tests, functional test, etc. Usually, BrowserStack automation or other tests’ automation speeds up the whole test cycle as less manual work equals faster results.
There are some tests which require to be automated, and some of these are-
- Whenever a PR is submitted, there will be a need for functional testing and immediate feedback which is impossible to do manually. And hence automation of these tests through BrowserStack automation or other automation platform is required.
- In this test, the quality of significant functionalities is verified. By the help of BrowserStack automation or other automation platforms of this test, time can be saved as it offers a quick analysis of everything.
Complex functionalities testing
- All the tests, which includes complex calculations and are easily vulnerable to human error, can be automated with BrowserStack automation or other automation platforms.
- In this testing, the same variables are required to be filled many times. This is done to make sure that the latest features don’t affect older ones. That’s why regression testing can be automated easily by BrowserStack automation or other automation platforms.
- The tests that include repeated use of numerous data sets can be automated with BrowserStack automation or other automation platforms so that, there are lesser chances of error.
- The tests which monitor software performance under variable circumstances can be automated. If this is done manually, it will be much more time taking and painstaking.
We have not involved every type of test in this list which can be automated, but if you think automating a test can help you and your business you must go for it.
HOW TO AUTOMATE BETTER: THE SECRET OF BROWSERSTACK AUTOMATION
It would be best if you did not forget that you don’t have to automate every test. Automation should be started from smaller tests as they are easier to maintain and reuse. If the benefit from doing so is significant, then increase the tests to automation.
The difficulty should not be improved only volume-wise but also type wise. This means you must try to automate different types of tests rather than automate many of the same kind of difficulties. For more comfortable and better identification test cases should be labelled. You can start by exploring new areas of the application manually. And after that, create a risk plan. For determining the user preferences use Analytics.
What to keep in mind while switching from manual to automated?
Your aim shouldn't be the automation of all the tasks as automation of the same task is not beneficial. Make a realistic and achievable goal. With automation, try to explore new areas of application.
What should be kept in mind while choosing tools for automation?
The nature of automation • If the application needed to be tested web-based, then the tool like Selenium BrowserStack automation will be a perfect choice and if it is mobile-based appium will be perfect. Open source or not • One may use open source like Selenium and appium for automation. Experience of the programmer • Tools frameworks and language should be chosen according to testers' experience and comfort.